Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Flu Season

Now starts the flu season.  My toddler Ethan has been sick for the last couple days.  He woke up yesterday morning and this morning with vomit all over him.  He also kept throwing up all morning yesterday morning.  Today he has a fever and doesn't feel well at all.


I thought I would share some tips to help get through the flu season.


Preventing The Flu in Toddlers and Children

  • wash hands
  • Hand Sanitizer is a good thing to keep on hand
  • Vitamin C, orange juice

If You Catch the Flu, Getting Rid of It
  • Keep washing hands
  • Keep taking vitamin C, works great for my husband, gets rid of his flu/cold fast
  • Get lots of rest
  • Make sure you stay hydrated, Gatorade helps, it replaces electrolytes.
  • Stay warm, but also don't get too hot
  • Watch the temperature, make sure it doesn't go too high.
  • Baths may be helpful and relaxing.

3 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing... I also find keeping the air moist helps. My oldest daughter started kindergarten this year and has brought home two colds lasting almost 14 days each since she started.ICK! I am visiting from cafe mom blog roll. Amy @ http://mommetime.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had two rounds of the flu, even though we all got flu shots, and i have to say that the gatorade is a must.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, gatorade is great, just make sure it's not red. My husband bought the red gatorade, so now we've got red spots on the carpet. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete