Monday, April 25, 2011

I am a Mom with ADHD

I have adhd myself.  I often see a lot of articles, blogs, and forums about adhd, but its about the children that have it.  I was diagnosed with it when I was in the first grade, and pretty much forgot about it as I became an adult.  A couple years ago I started reading about adult adhd, and realized oh yeah, that's why I have such a difficult time with the house and the kids.  I get so distracted, like my attention goes to something like the computer instead of the kids or the housework.  There are many other symptoms of adhd that i have a difficult time with like memory.  I will be thinking to myself that I am going to do something, like pay a bill, and 1 minute later, I'll think "what was I going to do."  Then I drive myself crazy trying to remember what that was, but then give up.  I use to take Ritalin until I was in the 9th grade, but then decided I didn't want to take it anymore.  I would like to get back on something one day, but have no insurance.  In the mean time I take fish oil and vitamin b complex to help.  I know there are some other vitamins that are helpful but I am bad in the first place trying to remember to take them everyday.  Well to top that off, my daughter who is almost 4 years old probably has adhd too.  She will probably be diagnosed with it before kindergarten.  She is just like I was at her age, maybe worse, but that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment