Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chore Cards

About a year ago, I found a way to help myself be more organized and to help me remember to clean the living room, or do the dishes, or wash the laundry.  It's very difficult for me to keep the house clean, especially since I have ADHD.  So, I made some chore cards with one chore on each to help me realize what needs to be done.  In the morning, I would just pick out the ones that need to be done and put them away as I did them.  It felt like such an accomplishment when I had no more cards left to do.  I've started selling a basic set on etsy.com.  I plan on making more in depth sets for each room.  Like for the bathroom, there would be a card for each: clean toilet, mop floor, clean bathtub, clean counter and sink, and clean mirror.



I've also made some kids chore cards sets, a green one and a pink one.  They've got pictures on them so they are helpful for kids and have a picture of a sun and a moon to help the child to know if it is during the day or night or both.  I actually gave my 3 year old the go potty one today and she said thats the potty and she decided to take her underwear off and take the card with her to the potty, and she went.  That was a surprise, especially because taking her potty is such a struggle.  I put a ring on them so that they can all stay together.


No comments:

Post a Comment